Automatic 3-axis in Easel - Yes! it's possible

Good to hear. I’m still trying to extract the bit size from the browser so I can make it fully automatic. It’s a work in progress. :wink:

1 Like

Be careful with that. On my small bits, I use the shaft as the touch point on the Triquetra, which isn’t always the bit size.

Helps protect the fragile cutting ends on small bits.

2 Likes

Charlie - any chance you can share your macro or point me to where you have already shared it? Thx!

1 Like

Good Morning Robert,

I apologize for not answering sooner. These last few days have kept me busy from sun up to way past sun down! Your Triquetra order should arrive tomorrow (12-3-19). Let me know if you need any help.

1 Like

Resurrecting this thread. Is there going to be a mac compatible software download at some point? I’m glad I found this thread and am still waiting to get my probe in the mail. I’ve downloaded the quickeys app and the macros for the mac. Is there anything else I need to run this for my X-Carve using an X controller, and obviously my Macbook pro. ?.. and im using Easel Pro

1 Like

QuicKeys 3-axis.qkmx (12.9 KB)

Script for Mac version of QuickKeys. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Has anyone found another windows solution? I can’t get this app to work in windows 10 even in compatibility mode

I don’t understand after all these years how this feature is still not in easel

1 Like

Why put it in Easel when I created a solution? :wink: They only put things in Easel that add value for their business Pro paying customers. :frowning:

1 Like

This looks like functionality that Inventables should have included in their updates to Easel. I am finally giving my X-Carve the update it’s needed for a few years, and this is going to be part of what I add to it. Are you still using this method? Have you found something better since this was first posted?

btw, your url is missing an ‘a’

Are you still using this macro?

I cant get it past the 3rd step, assert conditions are met.

Josh

what version of Mac are you using? quickkeys wont load on my macbok running catalina, been trying to use keyboard maestro but no luck with the script

I use an old Mac mini and MacBook Air. Their over 10 years old and running an old OS. I haven’t tried loading any newer versions.

well, my thing from Charlie is on the way, and I have QKeys and the script downloaded… wish me luck

Can’t wait to get my new zero toy/tool from you!

Just throwing this out there for anyone…What is the advantage of 3 axis probing vs 1 axis probing?
I have one of Charlie’s Tri but have not configured it yet.
You may ask why did i buy one if i don’t know the difference? Well, i just figured it might be better then the single axis probe. LOL.

The single axes only probes the z axes so you need to manually set the x and y where Charlie’s 3 axes sets all 3 at once. So lets say you start a project and the electric goes off. You would need to rest the x and y axes exactly back where you started and that would be pretty difficult. You may get it close but with the 3 axes touch plate you can reprobe all 3 axes right back to where you sterted everytime. You should try it.

2 Likes

Cool! Thanks.

1 Like

Well, Quickeys won’t install on my version of IOS… off to try the Keyboard Maestro version…