Bajan Builds

So David, you are saying in a nutshell that a setup such as VCarve and UGS should be good to go?

As far as today’s build is concerned, belting was done, but Angus I recommend that you use small cable ties as explained in the video to hold the belt in place at the ends.

Z-Axis was no problem, but the ACME drive rod presented a problem - it would not fit into the bearing. I searched and found a thread Rod will not fit into bearing where some people had the same problem. Calipers revealed that the ID of the bearing is .310" while the OD of the rod is .312". Had to sand it a bit to get it to fit.

Also, I found that when I installed the Z-Axis belt, it appears a bit slack to me. I think that a worthwhile adjustment to the design would be to place slots instead of holes for the Z-Axis motor mount, so that it could be slid back to increase tension on the belt. Will have to see if this affects the operation.

These above steps were easy and most of my time was spent on the wiring - as explained, I do not like the idea of squeezing bare wires on a terminal block, so I soldered spade connectors to the ends of the wires before connecting them.

Drag chain and spindle mount assembly posed no problem. During the electronics setup, I got ahead of myself and soldered three strips of pins on to the gshield when it is only supposed to be one for the limit switches ::stupse:: Will have to desolder tomorrow.

As this rate, should be done by tomorrow night as only the last part of the electronics and wiring are to be completed. Will get my son to work on the waste board assembly while I finish up the electronics - so should be finished a little quicker.