Ball nose bit not showing up on bit menu

Newbie here. I cant find a bit I created/entered. I’m trying to add a dish bit I bought on Amazon. It’s cutting diameter is 3/4. I went into the Add Bit menu, entered all of the info and saved it. When I go back out to the Bit Menu, there are no Ball Nose bits listed. Even the stock one I bought isn’t listed. I logged out, restarted, etc. No luck.
Anyone?

3 Likes

do you have pro? I believe you need to Easel and put it as an end mill. easel ball nose as a second bit/cutter for STL finishing pass for 3d.

1 Like

Yeah I have a Pro account. I wanted to test run a simple tray with the bowl bit. Are you saying enter it as an End Mill type bit?

1 Like

Ball bits are only selectable within the 3d workspace as a finishing bit ONLY. . Not selectable at all for 2.5d uses.

If you want to use in 2.5d workspace youd have to enter it as an endmill.

Oh I see. So what type of end mill would you suggest for a bowl and tray 3/4 bit? Straight cut?

This is the one I have - https://a.co/d/fSxgJcC

1 Like

The sub-type doesnt actually change anything in easel, its more for users keeping track of custom cut settings for different bits,… so yeah. Any sub-type will work fine, but id pick straight…

EDIT:
If youre making bowls with that, youll need to lower the stepover amount to not have the radiuses show up, to reduce stepover go to machine>general settings and reduce the default 40% to like 25% …

And youll have to do this for every project yoh use it on.

OK awesome. I’ll give it a whirl. Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.