Bezier | Part of an inverted sphere

Hi,
I need to make wooden floats that help me shape spheres that I plaster with lime. I hope I am clear in what I need.

In a board I need to carve a concave shape of approximately 15 mm deep. Concave in all directions, so for this I need the Bezier cone generator. I have studied Bezier, but I can not find out how to set the parameters. So I need a concave carve that follows a perfect sphere with in this case a 160 mm diameter. Please see attached photo.

I will need to make other sizes as well.

Can someone help me how to make it or make it for me?

Thank you, Martijn

Hi Martin, welcome to the forum!

Instead of the Bezier cone app, try the Super Gradient Generator app. that one has some other options. . . granted knowing circle and arc geometry is still a requirement to get the shape exact. . .

I think it would be easier for me at least to model the desired shapes in 3d (sphere and board) within Fusion360 and then use a subtraction function to basically erase the sphere shape from the board ending up with the exact shape without having to figure out the bezier values at all. Granted Fusion360 modeling is probably about as tough to learn as bezier values, BUT there’s lots of F360 tutorials to at least help with that part.

1 Like

As an example of using the Super Gradient Generator App, here is a simple bowl that I created for someone not too long ago.

Here is a link to that thread.

{:0)

Brandon Parker

1 Like

Thank you, Seth!

1 Like

Thank you, Brandon. I have seen your post before asking my question. I will give it a try. Thank you!

1 Like

No problem…
I really hope that it helps at least a little.

{:0)

Brandon Parker

Actually it didn’t, but I appreciate the effort. :smiley:

I went back to math where the formula of a curve of a circle is x2 + y2 = r2. I might add more circles or I will sand it smooth. Either way I will first carve it with a 1/8" ball nose bit and see what comes out.

Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.