Black Friday Buys

I understand that, but when I ordered the t-shirt, the only option I had was UPS Ground at $10.57. USPS could have been the $2.75. Not really complaining, just letting you know that there isn’t a drop-down option list when I tried a test order either.

Using the BF Specials to upgrade my late Shapeoko 1 to X-carve. I’ll try to re-use the hardware for the S1…somehow…

@JamesBrigman the upgrade we sell takes you from a Shapeoko 2 to an X-Carve. The journey from a Shapeoko 1 to an X-Carve isn’t “officially supported” but I guess you could re-use stepper motors, V-wheels, idlers, etc

Thank you Zach, much appreciated! I’ve been in touch with John H. and he’s aware of what I’m trying to do. My S1 is a late-model, with the eccentric nuts vs. eccentric washers. I’m planning to forge ahead with the various components and when I hit a problem (ie: parts I need), I’ll order and push on from there.

By the way: I ordered the S2 “upgrade package”. Should I have ordered the “X-carve Core Components” instead? I’ve been trying to figure out the difference, with no luck.

I’m considering starting a thread about the upgrade - there’s really not much there for going from an S1 to an X-carve.

By the way, Zach: if trying to go from an S1 to X-carve is just silly, talk to me. If it makes more sense to leave the S1 alone and simply go with a complete X-carve, I’m open to that. (I placed my order last night, but I imagine it’s not yet been kitted up, so it would be possible to switch?)

@JamesBrigman yes I would leave your S1 alone and keep it because in 30 years or so it might be a collectors item worth way more than you paid for it.

I’d start from scratch and just get an X-Carve. It will be an overall much easier and satisfying experience.

@Zach_Kaplan I’m game to do that. The only difference in my order would be to switch the first selection from “S2 Upgrade” to “X-carve Core Components”. Is it possible for you guys to do that and bill me the difference?

@JamesBrigman we can do that. We don’t handle those type of requests on the community forum so please pop an official request to our Customer Success team through the support center.

They have gone for the day so they will get it fixed up Monday morning.

You will like it, it is worth every penny. Also look into the DeWalt 611 for your router.