Broken belt!

Is this typical for used after 6 month ?
It broked approx. 22mm from the front end
I had adjusted the pressure after the advice on youtube

Maybe I can get a new set from inventables
Or is there any waranty I can refer to

Have a merry Christmas to all of you
on this amazing forum

Kristian / Sweden

1 Like

Call Inventables Customer Service.

Thank´s I will

buy your belt on ebay…I bought enough for the whole machine for less than $10

2 Likes

Carefully check your pulley alignment. Looks like the edges of the belt are badly worn/frayed.
John

1 Like

That was the first thing I did when it broked.
But there is nothing wrong with the pulley
They looked the same at both sides (Y axis)

If I had known this would happen,
I had ordered extra parts from the beginning

My pulleys were just slightly out of alignment with each other and I had the same thing happen. the edge frayed, then the belt snapped.

I could never get the belt tension right… I would either have them to tight and break belts or miss steps for being to loose… I ended up converting to chains…

Agreed. I have WAY more time than Phil on mind and never broke a belt. And mine are TIGHT. It is an alignment issue with 93% certainty. ( 7% is reserved for other user faults like cleaning them with oven cleaner or burning the wood chips off with a torch… I’ve seen it all on this forum). The other 1% is reserved for the fact that I do have plenty of extra belt material on hand from Ebay but have not needed it. If I DIDN’T have it, perhaps they would have broken by now. But that is just redneck mysticism.

3 Likes

I got an email from Jeffery on Inventables.
He going to send me a new one
I think it snapped of because it was a earlier problems with a pulley
I have replaced that pulley so cross your fingers
that it going to last longer than Phil´s :smiley:

1 Like

Just… wow. :slight_smile:

1 Like

One of the things that caused my belts to break was the obstruction in the way when the carriage was moving and it stopped and I heard a loud grinding noise. This noise was telling me that my toothed pulley was eating the belt.

Don’t you just love those odd noises that make you jump up and run to see what’s going on?

1 Like

Yes. means I am learning!

Hmm. So your total certainty is 101%? :stuck_out_tongue:
“with 93% certainty. ( 7% is reserved for other user faults like cleaning them with oven cleaner or burning the wood chips off with a torch… I’ve seen it all on this forum). The other 1%…”
chuckle

That’s a testament to how much spare belting he keeps on hand.

I used to give 110%. I was younger then.

2 Likes