Can i apply converter from 110V to 240V to my X-Carve DeWalt 611 Spindle and Mount

Guys,

I ordered X-curve with X-Carve DeWalt 611 Spindle and Mount (which is 110 Volts) by mistake :frowning:
Have any one try to apply converter from 110V to 240V?

For high power tools I would not recommended it even if is possible (in theory is feasible).

And certainly stepping up 110v to 240v with more than 500W is going to require serious heat dissipation. I needed a 220v one and ended having to order it from amazon UK :confused:

thank you for your replay.
but it is step down from 240 v to 110 v what do you think?

You need one that can do over 1000 watts. I don’t see any specs for start-up current, so you might even want to go with 2000 watts to be safe. It’s also not clear if the 110V version will properly work with 50Hz instead of 60Hz. In either case, it’s going to be pretty close to the same price as a new router.

Agreed. I just don’t have mine in front of me, so I can’t check the input specs for frequency range of the AC power.

I already tried three different step down converter 220 to 110. Started with 1000w then 2000w finaly 5000w Diamond series converters I had. Still temp is rising on converter after 30 minutes of constant run. Starts getting Crazy hot and smelling. Finaly I purchased 220 router, X-Carve power supply already 110/220. Now all 220 and have no problem. Stop spending money for converter. It’s worthless.

Ok i will buy new 220 dewalt
Thank you AlanDavis