ABOUT THE POSITION
To apply, click here.
This is an exciting opportunity to help take a thriving startup through the growth phase! We’re looking for a detail oriented and experienced Controller to bring the expertise needed to streamline accounting processes at a fast-growing hardware/software startup. This hire will build upon the basic processes in our accounting department and help move the company to the next level.
As Controller you will manage the month end close, payroll processing, financial statements, general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, tax compliance, reporting and annual budgeting. You will set the company’s accounting policies and procedures to prepare for, manage and ensure successful completion of the company’s initial external audit. You will also play a key role in the preparation of presentation materials for Board of Directors’ meetings, and will assist in managing the company’s banking relationships. The right candidate is a self-starter and able to manage operational tasks as well as setup internal controls for the company.
This position is responsible for overseeing duties such as:
- Manage the Staff Accountant
- Oversight of day to day accounting operations and related process improvement
- Design and prepare monthly & quarterly reporting packages
- Budgeting & financial planning
- Property tax & sales tax management
- Assist outside tax accountant with preparation of annual income tax and related returns
- Manage annual financial statement process with independent external auditor
- Recognize revenue, maintain inventory and fixed assets schedules & reconcile credit card and cash accounts
- Month end close process management including review of all closing workpapers
- Establish internal templates and formalize processes related to financial reporting and variance analysis
We are looking for someone with a strong accounting background. You will need to work in a digital accounting system (we use QuickBooks and will be moving to an upgraded ERP solution) and be comfortable with accounting concepts and reporting.
- Previous experience in a Controller or related accounting position
- Experience in a small to midsize company.
- A solid understanding of cost accounting for physical inventory
- Experience in financial statement preparation & analysis
- Strong budgeting/forecasting skills
- Ability to read and identify errors with income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flow
- Strong communication skills; ability to speak to corporate leadership, partners, and customers
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Successful completion of an annual corporate audit
- Familiarity with managing banking relationships and covenant reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA or CMA required
- Experience in a growth stage startup environment is a plus
- Familiarity with QuickBooks, or similar small systems. ERP conversion experience a plus
- Public accounting experience
- Experience with software revenue recognition
For more information and to apply to be the Controller at Inventables, send us your information here!