ABOUT THE ROLE
To apply, click here.
As Senior Product Manager you will lead the vision and roadmap for our revolutionary SaaS product, Easel, in a rapidly growing startup. The Software Product Manager will work to gain an understanding of our users’ conditions and develop a roadmap that focuses on user needs. The Software Product Manager will research, document, create plans, and prioritize work for the software development team. The Software Product Manager will be responsible for translating user needs into requirements, and driving development teams to key milestones. This role will report to the Director of Product and be an integral member of the Product Team.
At the heart of Inventables is our community of users. We rely on our users’ feedback about our product to inform our decision making in order to create the best possible experience. Each day our community comes together to share ideas, post projects and provide support and inspiration through our project library, social channels and online forum. Together, our ecosystem of offerings supports makers as they express their creativity and build their own businesses.
- Develop and maintain an intimate understanding of our customers and their use cases, the competitive landscape, and the website’s role within the company’s overall growth strategy.
- Carefully define use cases and requirements to ensure fast-paced, smooth delivery of features and improvements
- Facilitate steady development progress by removing roadblocks, clarifying requirements, and addressing questions from key stakeholders.
- Manage competing forces (external/internal needs) to make decisions on what new features to add, which existing features to remove, which existing features to improve - and communicate with empathy and advocacy for internal and external customers
- Lead cross functional teams in vision, strategy, and execution of key project timelines.
- Define and analyze key performance metrics on an ongoing basis, using the results to develop rationale for guiding future recommendations.
- Collaborate with other internal teams to design, conduct, and analyze research into how well the platform is performing for the customer and where there are issues and opportunities.
- Establish planning approach for optimizing user experience through new and innovative solutions and product capabilities, with emphasis on community features – such as customer forum and project sharing – while achieving financial objectives.
- Define and document a vivid vision for the platform and what makes it special, and work on communicating/evangelizing this internally and externally
- Manage and study feature launches to learn how well our changes to the platform are improving the customer experience and helping us achieve our company goals.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience in software product management
- SDLC experience in an agile environment
- Manage Stakeholder expectations
- Strong analytical mindset, ability to draw business relevant inferences from data
- Ability to drive product strategy
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Experience building a SaaS product
- Experience developing software that interfaces with hardware components
- Interest in desktop fabrication (CNC/3D printing/laser) is a plus
- Small to midsize company experience
For more information or to apply for this position, see the full job application here.