Inventables is a 3D carving company offering a powerful machine, intuitive software and unique materials that make carving easy and inspiring. Easel, our free design platform, is the most accessible and user-friendly design software on the market. Paired with our affordable carving machine, X-Carve, makers of all abilities can design and produce their first piece in minutes. Our store provides makers with access to a variety of machine bits and unique materials to make amazing projects.
At the heart of Inventables is our community of makers. Each day our community comes together to share ideas, post projects and provide support and inspiration through our project library, social channels and online forum. Together, our ecosystem of offerings supports makers as they express their creativity and build their own businesses.
We’re enabling this by building the best ecosystem. We make the software designers use, the machines that turn their designs into real objects, and their supply chain for materials and bits. This control over the whole stack allows us to craft the best experience for our customers.
To apply for the Sr. Software Engineer position, please click here!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Senior Software Engineer on the e-commerce team, you’ll be responsible for the software that powers our storefront and that connects to every aspect of our business. You’ll play a critical role in shaping the culture and practices of this growing team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working on all stages of development, from design, through implementation, testing and deployment
- Mentoring other team members in software development and design
- Collaborating with other departments to identify the best ways our software can help us scale our business
- Working within the team to iterate on our development process and continuously improve our execution
- Evolving our infrastructure to automate operation tasks, and improve our ability to monitor and troubleshoot our software as we grow our business
HOW WE WORK
We believe in making time for exploration and innovation. You’ll have your own creative project budget, along with access to our workshop. In addition, we set aside every Friday for each engineer to direct their own R&D–whether exploring new technologies, or working on problems they think are important.
- 5 years of software engineering experience
- Experience building a production web application in Ruby on Rails
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience with test-driven development
- Curious, creative, and collaborative
- Experience mentoring other developers
- Experience working in e-commerce businesses, especially using A/B testing and search engine optimization
- Experience with agile development principles
- Familiarity with AWS or similar infrastructure tools
- Experience with React, Redux, or similar libraries
- Familiarity with the Linux command line
- Experience integrating 3rd-party APIs
To apply for the Sr. Software Engineer, fill out the application here!