Carvey END OF PROGRAM Gcode

Hi all!

I am working on a PCB design and I can’t use easel directly for that. So I am using a third party service (web app) that does the Gerber and Excellon conversions to Gcode. Unfortunately they also throw some code that needs to be removed prior to using easel to send the Gcode. Since easel does not support the Gcode. No biggie!

Removed the codes by hand. seemed to not affect the process…

On an attempt today to make it work, all worked like a charm but at the end of the program the bit attempted to move to the left front corner without lifting the spindle first. Almost cost me the bit and maybe the smart clamp… catched it on time… I had my hand on the kill switch :blush:

Looking at the Gcode file I found an M30 command at the end of the file that easel did not detect as an error, but it is also clearly stated in the pre processor guide that it is not supported.

So my question is what is a good end of program Gcode command that will lift the spindle to finish execution?

Also… if there is a command to machine and aniquílate the smart clamp will easel detect it or am I on my own in that department ?

Loving Carvey!

Hi,
The lift spindle cmd would be to set the spindle to the safe height. Safe heights range from .1 inch to .25 inch or higher if clamp collisions are expected. I typically use .1 inch. The cmd looks like this in my gcode…G0Z0.1000

Craig

G90 ;absolute coordinates
G21 ;units in mm
G53 G0 Z-1 ;raise Z to 59.744 (safety/home height)
G54 ;back to primary coordinate plane
G30 ;“park” position after job X150.503 Y180.249 Z59.744
M5 ;stop spindle
G4 P0.1 ;dwell

Thank you all!

Quick Question:

Why would this rise it to 59.744? Is it the G0? What does the Z-1 do in that case?

G53 is the machine coordinates. Z-1 is 1mm below your limit switch which is work 59.744 ( on the Carvey). G0 is just a rapid movement. You can export your g-code from an Easel generated file and look at it to see exactly what the Carvey does.

1 Like