[Challenge] Beer can holder for workshop

You are a lucky man, Bill. Should I even suggest my wife sweep the floor in the garage her eyes will light up with fire and a “talk to the hand” moment will happen. :smile:

My design seems simple by comparison, but here goes… attach a narrow , but deep drawer to your table… when you slide it out, it has a tray for your bits. but slide that tray back to reveal your insulated beer can holder underneath. It keeps the beer cold, dust-free, and hidden from wifey should she come around. Sorry, I haven’t figured out how to prevent her from coming around…if I had, I’d be rich, and we’d all be happy guys!

1 Like

How about one of those quadcopters that follows you around with the camera? Retrofit it to remove the camera, and hold a can! Then you can have your beer flown to you automatically!

I should add… telling the wife to sweep the floor… and or more importantly… to get a beer; Would most likely also fall in the Very unsafe things Norm would tell you not to do…

Why not that r2d2 someone is making w xcarve. Add a fridge. N a shop vac. Lol

That is the one complaint I have about the Yeti can cooler AND the Yeti Roadie 30 oz tumblr - neither prevent dust from getting in nor do they prevent tip over spills.

I drank my share of dust. Yessiree.

I’ve heard that fiber is good for digestion, so using a Yeti in the workshop might have benefits overall :smile:

Not sure about the MDF dust, though…

Just make sure you get the formaldehyde-free MDF…otherwise it might not be so good… :expressionless:

Perhaps one of those breathalyser interlock units that prevent one from being stupid with their car after a few rounds could be wired into the x-carve? It would prevent incidents of CNCWI…

My wife would routinely sweep our garage floor because of cat litter, leaves blowing in, etc. My gas-powered blower works great to blow out the garage but I only use it when I mow the lawn and it’s too heavy for her. So, I bought her a light weight electric blower to keep in the garage so she can blow all the junk out from under the car, cabinet and golf car. She’s a keeper! :+1:

I have two of those Peltier units if anyone is interested! They draw too much power for vehicular use but I can see them utilized in the shop. @EricDobroveanu could probably create that can holder. My units would mount to the side.

A wee bit distracting I must say, but then I would not mind being distracted in that case. :heart_eyes:

Perhaps this could also pass for a stiffening mod? :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

I don’t think I have an end mill long enough :laughing:

1 Like

What beer?

Need to make something along the lines of this to help keep the dust out:

1 Like

Should be plywood or mdf to get that X-carve feel to it :smile:

Most definitely! I’ll just use the “Das Can-in-Stein” as my inspiration. I’ll probably use plywood to make something similar to this:

And then add a flip down lid to keep the dust out.

1 Like

Problem Solved!

3 Likes

OK, now I’ve just GOT to have one of those!