Changes to easel

I’ve noticed some changes to easel… some good, some…maybe not…

I recently ran a job through easel and since the job required bit changes and multiple G-Code imports I was able to successfully use the “workpieces” feature. Not really a change in processes, you still have to go through the steps to import, but I liked that i could import multiple G-Code designs and I only had to click at the bottom of the page to move on to the next step in the carve.

One change I saw that is either a glitch or a bad call on design… the “CLOSE” button that used to be on the preview screen (Upper left corner???) is gone. I don’t know if this was intentional or not, but I used to use the close button to remove the current G-Code instruction/preview and import a new G-Code file to start the next step in the carve…
I noticed last week, that that same “close” button wasn’t working properly and I actually had to open a new project in order to import …

So I guess…Is the close button gone by design or is it a clitch/mistake???

Hi Robert,

With the new workpiece feature, importing gcode adds the gcode to a specific workpiece. If you want to remove the imported gcode you can delete the workpiece that it was imported into.

Thanks,
-Adam

make sense when looked at it that way… It just took me a while to alter my thinking process