Chilipeppr and large G-Code files

Does yours go up the same distance as the guy in the video when you click “raise the bit”?

If so the z axis is probably set to 8x microstepping. Change this to 2x microstepping and then it would carve to the correct depth.

Also in the video he doesn’t touch off on the top of the material. He says “almost the top”. For it to carve on the first pass you need to have the bit touching the material before you click “raise the bit”.

Ok, I am not sure how to change the microstepping from 8x to 2x for sure. Is it just dip switches on my stepper drivers? Or is it a setting in machine setup or advanced options? And I seen that he didnt touch the material in the video as well but I did touch the material with the bit. I know the situation wasnt exactly the same but basically the same issue. Thanks for all your help I really really appreciate it. Will that change the calibration so that when I tell it to move up .5 inch will it still move .5 inch?

I just looked at my stepper driver and I think I figured out how to switch it, it is a dip switch on the driver. I will try this and see if it fixes the problem.

What kind of stepper driver or shield are you using?

SainSmart TB6600 CNC Micro-Stepping Stepper Motor Driver 4.5A

That’s similar to what we have in the X-Controller. I don’t know if there is something preventing it from working with Easel aside from fixing the microstepping.

Also I don’t know if our Customer Success team will know how to fix it because we don’t sell that model.

I am going to try to change the dip switches and see if it helps. I know for a fact that currently they are all set to 8x microstepping. I remember that I set them up all the same. As I looked at the controller when I sent you the model name it came back to me how I set them.

1 Like