ChiliPeppr + X-Carve : Will it work?

I’ve been having issues with UGS not completing larger jobs, so I’m going to try out ChiliPeppr - once I read the tutorials. :smile: And the suggestions about hooking up a Raspberry Pi are great, once I get t a more advanced level, I think I’ll try that as well.

Followup - It works just fine with GRBL v0.9i rather that v0.9j, and I also had some electrical interference with the limit switch wiring which was occasionally throwing GRBL into alarm mode.

I also got it working. One note, I used shielded wire (22/2 Shielded Mic/Line Cable) on the limit switches and never had any issues with electrical interference. If you keep running into occasional issues, you might consider rewiring those with something like this.

I sure wish you people were speaking a language I understood! :slight_smile:

Been running CP on my X Carve for about two months and enjoy it. For some reason the tool path would never show up in Chrome or Firefox, but appeared when I used Int Explorer so I rolled with that. Two weeks ago IE stopped communicating with CP altogether so now I am “cutting blind” using Chrome. Any thoughts on this? I have read that my desktop (Win 7 4gB RAM 1.8 GHz) may just need a graphics card, but thought I would ask before I bought one. Any help is appreciated.

In Firefox, try to deselect “use hardware acceleration when available” under options/advanced. Then restart Firefox. Worked for me

I’ve been using CP on a Mac with Safari to cut stencils with a laser on my X-Carve. Works great.