Cleaning carvey

I recently got my carvey and was reading the cleaning instructions. I get that we need to vacuum the carvey after use. Then I saw that we need to unscrew the floor and take out like 10 tiny screws to vacuum underneath! I can hardly reach the back screws! Do we really need to take all these screws off and sweep underneath every time we do a job? If so, cleaning is going to take forever!

1 Like

Hi @JodiDudek cleaning under the floor once a year is probably sufficient. You want to make sure the excess dust doesn’t build up enough to block the carriage.

You only need to unscrew the center panel and you can vacuum both sides from the center.

Oh my word thank you so much!! The instructions led me to believe I had to unscrew and sweep under the floor board after every job! I’m SO glad you clarified only once a year!!!

1 Like

@JodiDudek Be careful with those little hex screws… They’re easy to strip. I had a student do some Carvey cleanup before summer and I think I’ll have to slot the screws and replace them.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up about the screws! They are tiny and kind of tricky to unscrew!

1 Like