Clicking Noise on my Y Steppers when cutting on X Axis?

I emailed inventables and there tech people told me to do the following (see below)

Mine now does not do the weird clicking noise thing after following there instructions :slight_smile:

I think it was probably the wiring though none of the of the connections were loose etc, just unplugged all connection, loosened and tightened then reconnected. I did also get a cheap fishing scale (as suggested) and tightened the belts a bit. I did not adjust my v-wheels so in my case it was not that.

GOOD LUCK

Can you check the wiring of your X-controller for me and make sure all the cables are properly seated. This also goes for the wires connected to the terminal block. I would also check that this isn’t being caused by either loose belts or improperly positioned v-wheels. For information on properly tensioning your belts, please check out this forum thread:

You shouldn’t be able to turn them with your fingers, but if you use the Machine Controls in Easel, the wheels should turn smoothly along the rail. My suggestion would be to completely loosen those wheels and retighten them. You can do this by moving the eccentric spacers so that the circle imprints are facing down. This should put them in the open position. You can then gradually turn them clockwise, to get them to the correct tension.

This video in the Calibrate step of X-Carve instructions does a great job of showing how to properly position those v-wheels:

X-Carve Instructions: Calibration and Maintenace