Closed Window.. Carve stopped

Project was almost complete, when I accidentally exited the screen. Carve stopped. Is there a way to save this project? It was in the middle of a detailing.

1 Like

Well, if you recorded the home position when you set work 0,0 then you could re-home, maneuver it back into those same coordinates and either carve it all again. Or modify the design or gcode file and run from about where it left off.

But tbh, most pll don’t record this info. In the future you could export the gcode and use a dedicated gcode program that you don’t accidentally close :man_shrugging: i reccomend OpenBuilds Control, another popular one is Universal gcode Sender (UGS).

1 Like

You don’t need to record the Work-Home or Machine-Home position if you are using Homing limit switches and Homed the machine prior to starting that carve. When you perform the Machine-Home and then subsequently set the Work-Home position through Easel, the GRBL firmware sets the Work-Home as offsets from the Machine-Home position.

I think the safest thing to do as long as the stock material has not changed location at all would be to:

1. Open Easel again with the same project loaded.
  2. Perform the normal Homing sequence (Machine-Home).
  3. Go back through the Carve menu and when Easel asked if you want to establish a new Home position or use the old Home position, select use the old position.

Since the stock, bit, nor machine have changed the Work-Home should be in the exact same spot in reference to the limit switches used for Machine Homing.

Note that this will make the machine air-carve until it reaches the point where it halted, but it is less likely to end in bits being broken or the workpiece being destroyed.

Does that make sense?

{:0)

Brandon Parker

2 Likes

It makes sense, I will take note on this, for next time. By the time I read up on this, I had already moved the stock, in preparation for another carve.

Thanks

2 Likes

You can always reset the stock and locate off of a known feature’s X, Y, and Z. That can get complicated, but it’s nothing a little patience can’t handle.

{:0)

Brandon Parker

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.