Cnc4newbies 1000mm upgrade

Hello,
I just did the cnc4newbies 1000mm upgrade and would like to know if anyone else has done the same.
When it comes to re-calibrating the the GRBL setting and it asks what machine you have do you do this as if it’s a X-Carve or do you put it in as other? I have tried it both way and I am having problems getting the controller to accept the code given by cnc4newbies. like $100 or $101.
Any help would be great and yes I’m new to this.
Thank you

These are the GRBL settings. You need to go into Easel and do the changes. Click on Machine/Advanced/Machine Inspector. Then in the console window type $100=133.333 and enter
Then type $101=133.333 and enter. Lastly $102=200.236 and Enter. That should change them. I don’t use Easel but that is how it is done in UGS. Type $$ in the console window to see all the values.

I did the upgrade a few months ago and the only thing I changed were the settings. I also upgraded the stepper motors
$100=133.333
$101=133.333
$102=50.059

Is that for the CNC4Newbies upgraded? When I did mine I set it at $102=50.059
Thanks
Russell

Looks like a different microstep setting?
What controller?

XController

That is what is on the cnc4newbies website for the upgrade for the x carve. I am not sure if it is what the OP is referring to or not, but the process of changing the $$ would be the same

. It appears that it is for the demon controller.

ULTIMATE upgrade kit for X-carve, Shapeoko, openbuild … (cnc4newbie.com)

1 Like

Ok , Thanks guys.
I have the list from cnc4newbies and had tried most of the day to get the x controller to accept it.
finally after most of the day was gone it accepted it. Did not a thing different.

1 Like

What does changeing these settings actually do? I have a cnc4newbie HSNC4848RP. I am using the xcontroller. When i installed a new machine on easel i was surprised to see my machine in there as a 3rd party. Problem is im not sure the settings are correct. I tried running a simple cut; a 16"×16" square but the machine is traveling a greater distance, also i cant get it to start from current position of the router.

So the thing is the selection of a “3rd party” machines within Easel really only does 2 things. It sets the Work Area, AND it provides SOME (few) pre-set cut settings based on some rather conservative settings provided by the manufacturer or tested in-house by inventables. Again these are super conservative and the user should determine the best settings to use on their own machines. So basically the main thing is setting the work area… that’s it, it doesn’t configure the grbl settings… IF the X-Carves are selected, that DOES set the grbl settings for the selected version of X-Carve, but none of the 3rd party ones edit the grbl settings (well except the directions of travel based on that page where it has you test the direction of each axis…but I’m not counting that part)

Sooooo You will want to use the default grbl settings for your model cnc…

If you want to know what all of these settings do, here’s the official in depth explanation of the grbl settings: grbl/doc/markdown/settings.md at master · gnea/grbl · GitHub

1 Like