Combining problem

I think I might see the trouble you’re having… you need TWO outer circles (one for the outside edge, one for the inside edge)…

in easel the way I’d do it is

1. start with a large filled circle with 100% depth (this would be the ring around)
  2. place a smaller filled circle with 0% over it (your center cutout, and ring width)
  3. place filled text with 100% depth over all of it (doing each letter separately may make it easier to keep them connected)
  4. verify proper overlaps, if you nee some more more, insert shapes, not lines to make the joins
  5. select all, “combine”, change the cut type to “outline - outside” and set to full depth.

here’s a simplified example, uncombined on the left, combined on the right Easel - Circle Text Example

the text may be the hardest part, depending on your font. You can do it first and use the “bring to front” command on it to get the proper layer. Make sure you check the preview to see that your bit can get into all the little spaces you need it to. Alternatively you can do it with 2 passes, using a Vbit set to “outline - on path” for the second pass. but you’d probably want to do some node editing for that so it doesn’t cut through any fine details or the outer ring connections