Community Moderation

At Inventables, we’re always demanding continuous improvement. In fact, it’s one of our values. This applies to our Community Forum as well. Over the past few months, we’ve been making improvements to our Community Forum. We’ve updated our guidelines and increased our activity level as admins on the forum.

Our goal in making the changes is to ensure the forum is a welcoming place for all skill levels to learn, discuss and share. We’re making this investment for our community, because this forum is for all of you. To that end, we’d like to share our next iterations for the Community:

We’re opening up community moderation roles to members of our community. If you are interested in applying to become a community moderator, please fill out this application.

We’re also hiring a full-time Community Manager at Inventables. If you know someone you think would be great fit for this role, please share this posting with them.

We are excited to begin working with members of our community in this expanded fashion and we hope these iterations continue to strengthen our Forum.

6 Likes

Hey @Zach_Kaplan any chance this means someone will eventually do a pass on the projects category… there’s a bunch of Spam / Scams-Ads sitting in there that should probably be nuked (mostly weird asian ads, and phone support scams, they’re pretty easy to spot)

@Nox_Ferocia thank you for your feedback. Our admins do and will work all flagged tickets and we do have a SPAM flag. So if you do come across posts in Projects or any other categories that you know to be Spam, feel free to tag them. We’re hopeful increased moderation would decrease spam and scam ads.

@Nox_Ferocia do you mean spam located in Projects | Inventables

@Zach_Kaplan Yes there.

Sorry, I should have been more clear… I didn’t see any obvious way to flag the cruft residing in that section of the site.

a random example would be Log In | Inventables

Hi @Nox_Ferocia we have someone going through them on a weekly basis and removing the spam from the index. I just removed that one you posted from the index. If you have others to share let’s start a new thread so we can keep this one focused on community moderation and questions around the role of the community moderators.

Copy that. If I get some down time I’ll post of list of them.

1 Like