Convince me, Dewalt 611 or 400w Quiet cut?

I switched from the 400w QC to the 611 about 2 months ago. Although somewhat noisier, it is cutting better and finishes jobs quite a bit faster. I also like that the brushes look easier to replace than in the 400w spindle. At the same time, I added length to the X-axis and stiffened it as well as re-wired parts of it. The whole process has made the X-carve faster and better able to manage harder wood.

Interesting info on the dremel ,Thank you .

Hi
What program do you use to calculate this rates ?

Hector I use Gwizard from this web site Download G-Wizard Calculator to get started - CNCCookbook: Be A Better CNC'er
Bob will answer any questions you would have. For me the cost of the program has paid for its self in unbroken end mills.
I do still break some but from my own mistakes.

Dave

Thanks for you quick answer David
Im sure you can tell I’m new to this CNC world
Im mainly doing it for starboard and Plexiglass Marine work and cutting boards for fish.
I appreciate sharing you knowledge.
You also got some good stuff of your website looking forward to maybe do some upgrades down the road for now I just have to get full control of what i got.
Any recommendations with router/spindles ?
My dewalt just took a crap on me last night only a few weeks of use may e 20 to 30 hrs not real happy about it.
But I was gonna try a makita 700
Thoughts ?

The most frequent reason for Dewalt611 to crap out is worn out brushes. Easily replaceable, and replacement sets (pairs) can be had at Amazon.
At speed setting#1 most seem to get 200hrs out of them +/- 50hr. Less at higer RPM -settings.

Makita 700 is equally good, have a lower minimum RPM (10k vs 16k for the Dewalt)
Slightly smaller base diameter, easily remedied with shims (pop cans split lengthwise?)

I am using the Makita myself and very happy with mine :slight_smile: