Couple more projects completed in time for Christmas

Hello again… Showcasing some of my other projects completed with my new X-Carve 2.0…

Just completed these over the last week and a half… Two Holiday Sleds, & Amazing Grace plaque…

After seeing someone had already created a “Amazing Grace” plaque, I decided I wanted to do similar so I gathered all the fonts needed and sheet music reference and other information. I got some help from a friend who is a music teacher who checked the music I had entered. The music was created in MS Word using a special music font using the keyboard cross reference to enter the correct music characters. Once checked, then all I did was copy and past the two lines into the plaque design layout I created from scratch in VCarve Pro 8.5. Then all I needed to do was have VCarve Pro create the wave effect. Put some clip art in and carved it out.

The plaque is about 9"x18" using 3/4" Premium Select Pine board. Red Mahogany stain, and clear coated with lacquer.

I also carved out two Sleds using the plans from the Vectric’s November 2016 project of the month. My wife did all the detail painting. One of the two sleds was personalized for a gift to a family member who just this year had twin boys.

Let me know what you think. I’ll most likely post more information and links on the Amazing Grace plaque should others want to do their own.

Steve…

13 Likes

that’s awesome!

2 Likes

great stuff! Did you find the sled plans on the forum or was it somewhere else?

2 Likes

http://www.vectric.com/cool-stuff/projects/2016/christmas-sled.html

2 Likes

Super nice work!

1 Like

Beautiful, Stephen. Just beautiful. The lucky recipient of that sled will be thrilled. Christmas gift??

1 Like

The sled looks incredible

1 Like

Yes they both are…

Steve…

I tweeted it!

2 Likes