Creating an app

Hello,

I’ve designed a plant stand that I’d like to make modular with the help of an app vs. doing it with parameters in fusion. How can I get started or what is needed to accomplish this?

Some of the information in this forum seems outdated, which is why I’m asking.

Thank you.

https://developer.easel.com/

1 Like

Thank you, it says it’s on hiatus, so I guess it’s onto fusion 360.

Are you doing this for you or for others to use?
If you are familiar with Fusion, it’s a fairly simple thing to do. I would think it’d be a lot more work to do the same in easel.

I’d be learning the process either way, but I do see more value in me learning fusion than writing an app for easel. I’m trying to find tutorials on parameters, but most of them are high level.

I thought easel would be easier for not having to mess with tool paths each time, just adapt and cut.

1 Like

You can always export a DXF to Easel if you want, but the toolpaths is Fusion will update when you update the models parameters (with a click or keyboard shortcut).

1 Like

The Parameters function of F360 is pretty awesome, I’ve made a few interlocking part designs that are based off 1/4" thick walnut that I was getting from the cheapest supplier on ebay for a while, but when they shut down for the winter and I had to find a new source for a bit… the material thickness was thicker by just enough to make the parts not fit, luckily I had designed with Parameters and I was able to simply update the driving parameter and it automatically update all of my slot sizes to fit properly.

1 Like

Wood from eBay, I never thought of that!

I bet they’re awesome, I just need to dedicate the time to learn them properly so I can use them as such.

Any good links to tutorials or trainings you know of?

1 Like

I learned nearly everything I know about F360 from Lars Christensen on YouTube. He’s no longer posting to the channel, but for years was a member of the F360 development team so when he was posting, it was the best source of very accurate information. and although the layout has changed a little since he’s last posted, the information still applies once you locate the right fields for the data…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.