Crib boards only please

That is very cool Robert.

I bought one of these:

I did my holes at 60 ipm plunge with no pecking at all. It did them like a champ. Was throwing chips all over my machine (I had to remove the dust boot). Nice clean holes. And that was into walnut.

I think my 4 track board took about 8 minutes to do. Itā€™d be even less with my accel changes.

3 Likes

That looks great!! Why doesnā€™t anybody like pine? I think it has a lot of character and carves pretty well. Guess maybe Iā€™m just cheap. :grin:

I rather like the look of your pine.

That looks awesome

Wow, a true work of art. You are very talented

I likey I likey!!!

totally stealing your ideaā€¦ send your lawyers if needed. #notacareintheworld :slight_smile:

Love how this turned out. (and I will forgive your FIL for his choice of teamā€¦ lol)

3 Likes

turned out great.

How do you choose whether to use 2, 3 or 4 sets of 123 holes? Is it just personal preference or how many players that usually play? I am about to start designing my first board after learning to play over the Christmas break.

Thanks for the clarification, now googling team play cribbage!

Hereā€™s one I made for a Christmas gift. Lots of learning with it, include design modifications when things didnā€™t go exactly as planned.

14 Likes

I like having space when only playing with 2 people because I have large fingers and the board I started playing with had 4. I may condense to three given Roberts rationale.

Yeah, it may have been one of those design modifications. I had the model originally designed for a different thickness of material (thinner) and thought when I changed thickness and increased the model depth for more detail that I didnā€™t sink it so deep. Right now itā€™s 1/4" deeper then it should have been as the open area should have been 1/4 thick. So design modification, time for a cherry base to hold it and the cards.

Yes, using a JTech 3.8W.

1 Like

I havenā€™t found anyone in Kansas other than my family that plays Cribbage. I learned growing up in ND. My wife plays and she grew up in Illinois.

Help me out here Bob, as I donā€™t play cribbage, I didnā€™t even know there was supposed to be a ā€œskunk lineā€ until my sister asked why her board didnā€™t have one. Where does the skunk line go? Should I include ā€œmatches areaā€?

So if I was to locate a skunk line, it go at the 90 mark?

Now Iā€™m gettin somewhere! Thanks Bob and Ron

Are you making a plug/lid for just the center or will the holes be covered too?

well now that you mention it, I just happened to be designing one for sisters Bday.

1 Like