Crysis Typhoon Display

I finally finished off the display for my Crysis Typhoon model. I used the X-Carve to cut out the logo and engrave the hexagon pattern.

14 Likes

Nice work!

Loving the hexagon pattern.

3 Likes

Thanks! The hexagon pattern is behind the display leaving a 3/4" gap for the LED strip. I painted it with a reflective chrome paint.

1 Like

Epic finish to an amazing project! Where are you displaying these, at Comic-Con? If you had a booth there, you’d make a killing.

1 Like

I’m signed up for a booth at Queen City Comicon in Cincinnati on April 16th. Super nervous as this is my first show and I’ve been working hard to crank out some inventory. I have two fears: 1) I won’t sell anything at all. 2) I’ll sell everything too quickly. Either way, I think it will be a good learning experience.

4 Likes

Wow! Maybe you can take sales, then ship after the show so your booth isn’t cleaned out on Friday. I don’t think you’ll have to worry about a lack of sales. I was always challenged with price points. Too cheap and people to perceive value. Too expensive and you end up taking everything home. Keep us up to date on your inventory.

2 Likes

Will do. I’ve set up my inventory so that I have a range of smaller items ($5 - $10) to medium items ($40 - $60) and large items ($90 - $150). And if anyone asks for the Typhoon, I’ll give them the “I don’t want to sell it price”. :wink:

1 Like

What about making blank kits from some of your guns that you just cut out and people buy, take home and finish themselves? Hell, I’d buy one…:sunglasses:

I’ve thought about that – just a bag full of pine pieces for you to assemble. I do sell white resin blanks:

2 Likes

Hey @SeanKeplinger,

How’d the show go?

The show went pretty well – I sold some models, handed out a ton of cards, and got a chance to talk to a lot of people (customers and makers). There is another show in September that I’m considering.

5 Likes

I haven’t but it’s definitely doable!

Maybe get working on some Proton Packs for the new Ghost Buster movie.

1 Like

Love the vex mythoclast in the top right there huge destiny fan lol

2 Likes

Thanks – those are hand-cut on the scroll saw. Here’s a better pic:

6 Likes

Thanks Phil! I’m in the process of learning 3d carving using Fusion 360.

Part of what I find challenging (fun) is coming up with all of the components that make up the design by myself.

1 Like