Custom camp site sign for a customer. Michigan themed

Around fall I had a customer contact me for a custom piece to be made for their Florida home/camp site that they will take with them on trips. I cnc milled the sign out of Aspen and used sanding sealer and black paint to paint the engravings for them. They are originally from Midland and loved when they had the idea and I made it happen. Video to my YouTube channel for the progress from start to finish! https://youtu.be/m3sI-EExRoM

[quote=“JoshuaEnos, post:1, topic:69116, full:true”]
Around fall I had a customer contact me for a custom piece to be made for their Florida home/camp site that they will take with them on trips. I cnc milled the sign out of Aspen and used sanding sealer and black paint to paint the engravings for them. They are originally from Midland and loved when they had the idea and I made it happen. Video to my YouTube channel for the progress from start to finish!

2 Likes

Very nice work.
The only suggestion I would make is to use a down cut bit for the profile.
You wont have any fuzzes on the edge.
What do you use to seal it afterwards?
Here is a couple of camping signs that I made.
In an effort to seal them from the elements, I used Spar Urethane.
Time will tell if it was the right choice.

2 Likes

Nice! Yeah I have to get a few endmills like that and I use spar urethane also. I’ve been told that the spar is good for outdoors because I’ve just cleared coated some for my road signs and they wear in a year or so.