Cutting Boards

my wife uses the one i made in high school it is walnut and cherry. i think everyone uses walnut to some extent in there cutting board.

1 Like

Thanks. It’s actually purple heart that I found stashed in a warehouse for about 11 years.

Awesome work! Wife saw a cutting board design she wants, guess I’ll have to give the inlay a try soon. I just need to find time to learn F engrave too.

well i took phils advise and inlayed my cutting board instead of using a rosin fill. i took a couple of pictures but can not seem to figure out how to download them.

Click on the “Upload button” at the top of your Reply window :slight_smile:
Click Reply and select from top meny bar in the reply-window that pops up.

that mtmwood guy over at youtube uses walnut by the way, and he seems to know what he’s doing so I guess it’s not that harmful.

1 Like

ok lets try this and see if we get a picture. i inlayed this with my xcarve and i think it turned out pretty good. still need to finish sand and round the edges and oil it.

4 Likes

here is another picture.

4 Likes

thanks phil. it turned out better then I thought it would with the thin letters. putting the oild on today so will see what it looks like then.

1 Like

here it is finished and oiled.

8 Likes

These are freaking awesome. Great stuff man and I appreciate you telling us how you did it.

Have any suggestion about where to find/how to import into Easel the shape of a state? Just pulled a couple Christmas-themed icons from the available menu & carved into hardwood, & I’m all smiles now that I can envision the possibilities. Thx for providing the incentive to go far with cutting boards!

Google images. Black and white line art. Here is a video on converting it to svg.

If you want the cutting board in the shape of the state. Just use the outline