Dealing with Sound on your xcarve

Hey guys! I am just curious what people do to quite their xcarves lol. I have mine in one of my extra bed rooms but man that 611 router is noisy. I just don’t want my neighbors crying over it. I thought I read somewhere that someone was putting this in an apartment. I couldnt even imagine. Right now the only thing I can think of is creating a lid to cover over my table to sounded deaden it some. Maybe even boxing in the shopvac,

Ideas are welcomed!

Thanks Ted

If you do a search for ‘sound proofing’ you’ll see a number of solutions users have come up with.

1 Like

I am thinking on getting one xcarve for my appartment. How loud is the 611 inside a room with the door closed? what about lower speeds

One thing to keep in mind, a shopvac is usually louder then the Dewalt router.

I have mine in an apartment. The shopvac is a Festool which has variable speed (reduced noise). The whole thing is a good deal quieter than my dishwasher when everything is on and running.

3 Likes

Well at its highest speed i can hear it up stairs in a bedroom from the garage downstairs on the other side of the house. To be fair that was with the shopvac running. I am guessing you would have to enclose everything with sound deading material. At this point i think my neighbors will complain for longer projects.

The joys of living in the country - where the neighbours are some distance away. :grinning:

That is an awesome enclosure. Do you have video or pics showing more of it?

I’m about to build a new table and enclosure and I’m looking for good designs to use.

I posted most of the non-finished pictures to the old Shapeoko forums here Shapeoko CNC Router, Rigid, Accurate, Reliable, and Affordable. My design is based off of the person who started that thread. They had the best soundproof enclosure I could find for a CNC machine.