Delta 5000 Outfeed Top w/ Router Plate & T Tracks

I’ve been planning a new outfeed table for my Delta 5000, and finally found a great deal on birch workbench tops at a local wood store. I bought two 27" x 60" x 1.5" to make a 54" x 60" workbench/outfeed table.

Here is the project I used. Just a note, the cut-through for the 1.5" top was too deep for my bit, so I duplicated and deleted the cut-through and ran a second pass. I don’t know if it is possible to tell Easel to do certain cuts in order, but I had hoped it would carve out the area first, then do the cut-out after 3/8" depth was done. My bit can do 1.125" deep. I have T track slots and 2 slots for my table saw sled rails to extend into. This was my first large piece cutout that I used tiling for, worked great.

Here is the router plate I used, standard 11.75 x 9.25 x 3/8" cutout. (non-affiliated link)
https://www.amazon.com/OSKOOL-Precision-Templates-Pre-Drilled-Different/dp/B09DY2NQ94

Hope someone finds this useful!

3 Likes

@MattSlaga,
If you want to ensure the cutout in the middle is not performed until you “want” it to be, you can either duplicate the workpiece and delete everything except that cutout or copy/paste only that item to a new workpiece. Then, you just cut that workpiece when you want the cutout to be done; the only caveat is that it will air-carve for a while if you have cut the pocket out first.

{:0)

Brandon Parker

1 Like

Thanks Brandon, that is what I ended up doing.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.