Design Help in Easel

I am really hoping someone can help me on this project. I can not get my design to work correctly. Can anyone shed some light on what I might be doing wrong. Thank you in advance

Not sure exactly what you are trying to do but this eliminates the Y cut out from intersecting with the name.

I am trying to have the last name go across the center and the “Y” in the middle. NOt sure what I am doing wrong.

Like this?

The Y seems to have some weird stuff going on. The bounding box does not go to all edges of the Y. Easel is centering the bounding box.

Exactly, can you give me steps? I have another one I have to do and I have no idea. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!

When I combine, this is what happens

Just like this

He did what I would have done. Just mask off the center of the Y and put your name on top of all of that. Here’s a quick screen shot. I just moved the ‘young’ object out of the way so you could see the mask that sits between the Y and the Young.

Traxxtar is correct on what I did. I don’t have time at the moment to go through it step by step for you but I think I have fixed the file for what you are wanting. I will try to give you a step by step tomorrow. You need to play with combining by using objects with no depth of cut, it will cut the section away for you.

Thank you Stuart! I much appreciate your help