Detail cut with third bit size

you shouldn’t have to lie in easel though it allows you to put in whatever tool size you want? I have even used 1.5" tools in easel back when I used to use it

Ahh. Sounds like either way would have worked fine. I was nervous because I had invested a lot in cutting the other side. Didn’t want to screw it up.

So what you are saying Phil is that I can make a second detail cut and it would turn out fine

1 Like

yeah no I understand that but why would you lie in the first place lol

just curious?

hmmm yeah that is really a issue with the quailty of tools your right chinese cheap tools will be off like that but for example all the onsrud or Datron or amana endmills I use when they say .25" its .25"

but yeah no I know what you mean I am guilty of lying to cam software all the time

my tools that I use range from 35.00(carbide) to 350.00 (diamond tooling) each but they are well worth it when you can operate them at the proper chipload and feed rates

I don’t really use my X-carve any more I have a production 4x8 machine now that is rigid so yeah it will cut a .25" wide slot if using a .25" endmill

to clarify though a cnc router is only accurate down to around .005"-.010" just the nature of the beast even 100,000 machines will not be anymore accurate than .003-.001"

1 Like