DeWalt 611 Mount + Z-Carriage Models

Hi - I’m trying to model an accurate z-carriage and router mount for my 1000mm x-carve with the DeWalt 611. This is for the purpose of designing modifications to fit my machine.

I’ve gotten the carriage gantry plate box, the v-rail, and the dewalt mount and spindle body (I’ve not put the head on yet), but I just need the dimensions for the distance between the router center point and the v-rail. I’m designing a vacuum system for my machine, but I don’t have it next to me now and won’t be able to go to the workshop for a couple days.

Anyone able to help here? This is what I got so far:

My current design that needs modifying:

Any measurements or accurate models would be extremely helpful! Thank you!

Have you checked out this: A Fond Farewell to GrabCAD Workbench - GrabCAD Blog

Yeah I’ve seen that, I have that section done already - the DeWalt 611 mount doesn’t seem to be in the public repository so I’ve had to create my own. I’m a little further along now, but there’s still the matter of the mount itself…

2 Likes

Well I’ll be damned…

Almost finished the thing anyway just using measurements from all the other parts, so if anyone wants a z-carriage model with the dewalt 611 sitting in it for accurate modification designs, just let me know!

The first was good enough thanks!

For anyone reading this, I made a very effective and simple fixed dust shoe for the 611 that just uses a little 5mm acrylic. The F360 file and images are in this thread: Dust shoe made from 5mm acrylic (files included) - #4 by JoelBennett

*The Fusion file also includes an extremely accurate Z-Axis & Dewalt 611 model for anyone wanting to make adjustments.

1 Like