Dewalt 611 Power Cord routing

I stand corrected. I don’t have the relay yet and would have read through the instructions again when I got it.

Because I have to switch between the router and the quiet spindle I use Velcro ties.
That way I can change easily.
The best way would be to get the drag chains that have the flip lids.
I didn’t get one with mine but they sell them now.

1 Like

I also ran mine through the drag chain, there is lots of room. One other note, if you have a large black ferrite looking thing on the chord. It is not a ferrite but an anti theft device.When you have the plug off, take it off, you can also disassemble it.

1 Like

wow what a smart thing to do. Anti theft disguised as a ferrit… Thank you for this! I would of never known and was pretty impressed when I saw that it had a ferrite.

If you would be so kind, could you please share what benefit(s) of the ferrite would add?

Try’s this: http://audiosystemsgroup.com/SAC0305Ferrites.pdf

This is what you would use if you notice interference with your xcarve or radios etc.

Cheers

1 Like

404 error

Even the internet has decidedly barred me from learning. LMFAO

Jay

To get that I just googled “what is a ferrite ring used for”. Sorry the internet is beating up on you lol.

1 Like

It is quite the sadist. LMAO

But, I appreciate the effort.

I edited the post, adding the .pdf

Thanks

So the masochist says “hit me, hit me!”, the sadist said “NO”

1 Like

You’re going to laugh man, but I purchased a CPAP Hose Holder for mine. http://www.harrietcarter.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/categoryID/942E610B-5FD5-47CD-9655-C94FCFCFB9D5/productID/673A42CE-03B0-4F11-9098-1C71B5EAB4DB

I’ve got a Festool 584174 CT-SYS Mobile Dust Extractor so the hose for that and the cord for the 611 are suspended above the machine using that. Works perfect. Has built in tension so it stretches around to wherever the machine goes. No need to reinvent the wheel on this one.

I did pretty much the same thing as @TysonSwan. I have an old Dremel stand with a swinging arm on top. I set it next to my X-carve so that the arm is above the X-carve. Then I ran the cord for the Dewalt 611 up to and over the arm and down the stand into the power strip on my X-carve bench.

1 Like

I took mine up towards the ceiling and used a bunjee cord to keep it taut but allowing it to move with the movement of the machine. Not particularly pretty but takes away any risk of interference and straining the drag chain.

1 Like

@JustinBusby I have a loT relay, but have no idea what it’s for or how to use it :woman_shrugging:t2:. Help…

1 Like