DeWalt DWP611 Spindle

Should be ok that relay says 40 amps and the dewalt only draws 7 amps. How many amps does your vacuum draw?

Although I canā€™t run the vacuum the whole time the noise would drive me insane. I just vacuum up at the end.

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing your outlets circuit breaker is only 15 to 20 amps, so I would think that would be more of a limit.

I have dust collection system, power hungry. Tripping 25 amp breaker. Thatā€™s why I need that heat sink.

yeah I only bought a 20 amp relay with a heat sink, but i also have a 40mm 24v fan laying around and plan to hook that up to the 24v side to keep air on the relay

1 Like

What a professional look, thatā€™s Brian.

1 Like

But you really donā€™t need cooling for Dewalt relay. Itā€™s not even getting varm.

How long have you run it? I never trust the chinese electrical parts. Plus I have it so no biggie. The shitty part is how high the heat sink is, I should of bought the one inventables sells.

I donā€™t know about Chinese ones. I have French relay, I finish big clock design last night. Dewalt worked about 4 hours non stop for 3D surface. No heat. In the reality, relay gets heat if constantly going on and off. Weā€™re not using that kind of devices.

@CharleyThomas what did you use to cut the notch out of the Dewalt mount? I was thinking I might try to dremel it out, but the metalā€™s thicker than Iā€™ve dremeled before, so Iā€™m not sure how well that would workā€¦

I discovered that I had broken all my dremel wheels and so I couldnā€™t cut a notch out for the spindle lock button. I decided to just drill a small hole over the button. I can insert wooden skewer into the hole to push the button. Works like a charm.

2 Likes

Yep, thatā€™s exactly what I was thinking about doing, opening up a 1/4" hole and using a piece of dowel to press the switch

@KeithGrunow Thats good infoā€¦I was going to do the same evaluation, but you beat me to itā€¦!!

1 Like

Is it absolutely necessary to cut the notch? I saw a vid of zach (i think) using a dw611 and the router was sticking out the bottom far enough to clear the button. Was the mount he had different?

@BadWolf, The instructions for the mount state that the router should only stick out a quarter inch or so. Not enough to reach the button. I figured they wanted to maximize the working distance under longer bits.

Mine didnt come with instructions. Are they on the website?

Yes, they are under the spindle mount section in the instructions. You can click on your choice of spindle to get specific instructions.

I already had a metal cutting blade in my miter saw so I used that to cut in to the mount. Then I switched to my dremel with a cutoff wheel, scored a horizontal line between the two vertical cuts I made with the miter saw. Them took a pair of plyers and just broke out the chunck that was to be removed. Then I put a sanding drum on the dremel and cleaned up all the edges. Piece of cake.

Charley

@BadWolf - interesting you ask if you need to cut the gap. I just finished running my first project with my Dewalt, and when I was first placing it in the holder and making the hole to access the button, I was thinking that it would give me a lot more space on my z-axis. However, I noticed that even with my longest bit, Iā€™ll hit the bottom of my gantry before Iā€™d run into the end of my collet.

I didnā€™t adjust it since I just had enough time to run the piece tonight, but it does look like you should be able to mount it so that the entire button is accessible, and not lose any workable space on your z-axis.