DeWalt DWP611 Spindle

What are you using for Air deflection/suction on your 611. I ordered a 3d print of the Airdeflector that was put on thingaverse. should be here in a about a week or so.

Just make sure if you are getting it 3d printed you used a high heat plastic as PLA plastic melts very easy.

Not using an exhaust shroud.

How are you keeping shavings, etc from your belts and Vwheels since all the air is forced down and out with the 611?

@AlanDavis Curious, shouldn’t the wires be the opposite going to the outlet isn’t hot on the right?

Well, I’m not electrician Brian. When you ask me diagram, I just draw in Paint without thinking. Basically you’re controlling hot leg with relay, ground goes directly to router.

No worries, was just checking. I hate blowing things up :slight_smile:

I think with that much airflow, PLA should be fine, especially if you put a gasket of some sort to keep it from touching the bottom of the router directly. Good thought though. If you have the option, ABS or other high temp plastic would be a better choice for this application.

Got my 611 mounted tonight. It was hard not to stand there with a big goofy grin when that spindle took off. Amazing difference! I can’t recommend this enough to everyone! So glad I upgraded.

James

Hey guys, for fellow users of the 611 I measured the rpm of each setting on the dial. These were all done with the number as close to the middle of the slot as possible:
1 - 16,200
2 - 17,700
3 - 19,450
4 - 21,100
5 - 23,500
6 - 26,900

Hope that helps

14 Likes

Dewalt company must be very happy with this. Free commercial. Over 4K followers on single post.

2 Likes

They’ve made a fine piece of equipment. I was cutting walnut last night like it was MDF.

1 Like

@AlanDavis got my relay hooked up and working today, thanks for your help. now I just need to neaten it up and put it in a box.

1 Like

Where are you getting your 1/8 collet. I ordered mine last week and just found out today that they are backordered. The guy said that he has had a run on them. Wonder why!!

So no 1/8 inch for me for a while it looks like. That is unless someone can give me a good source, hint hint.

Sorry should have said 1/8" collet reducer. Its just a little piece of metal that slips over the 1/8 bit so it fits in a 1/4 collet. They are like $5 at mlcs

Most of us using reducer like BadWolf describing, but there is 1/8" colette option if you go little up on this post, Brian post link to it.

Hey Alan, been looking at your relay set up. I understand your not an electrician. I’m after thoughts on adding a shop vac to that relay set up, so both router and vac turn on and off or mayb that’s to much load on it? Just throwing an idea out there.

1 Like

Perfect Idea if you have cooling bracket on your Relay. I have another relay connected to remote control, heating up if vacuum is on for more than 10 minutes. I ordered another relay with cooler attached.
Here is what I ordered.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008MU0DV6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Yeah the one I ordered has a heat sink on it. Was concerned about loading up the relay. Have you done this with yours?

No I’m still waiting for delivery.