DeWalt DWP611 Spindle

that sounds like something mechanical. Vwheels to tight, something rubbing you arent seeing, a bent rod, etc if you put a wrench on the top nut you should be able to turn the rod and raise/lower the z carriage pretty easily

1 Like

Heā€™s talking about that Label side on Dewalt is little extra thick, touching to Motor Mount going up and down. I shaved it. Some people puts router a little turned like 35 degrees.

1 Like

Thanks Alan for clearing that up, Iā€™m not sure at this point for the need to move it or not, I just donā€™t use the homing feature in Easel at this point. I home through UGS and havenā€™t had an issue.

thanks

2 Likes

If Iā€™m looking straight at the spindle, the lock button is at 10 o clock.

Anyoneā€™s DWP 611 die on them yet? Mine just died after having about 24 hours of total run time.

1 Like

Mine is 14 months old, I was hand using then installed to X-Carve. It is working fine so far itā€™s about 3 months. Must be something wrong with your brushes. Did you pull brushes and see if something wrong. Or maybe some connection problem.

I took the top off and cleaned it out and looked to see if there were any connections that came loose. Wasnā€™t sure if there is a safety feature that shuts it off if it gets too hot, which it wasnā€™t hot to the touch. I have been running it like crazy the last 4 days at max speed for a couple hours each time.

1 Like

Did you check your hot legs while top is open with voltmeter. Maybe there is no power to it. They donā€™t get hot, but I never use it max speed. Weā€™re talking about 27000 RPM here. speed doesnā€™t give you any benefits.

It was the brush on one of the sides, one side was completely intact and the other side had about 1/8 of an inch left. Only $5 for a new one.

1 Like

Glad you found the problem. Iā€™m curious as to how long the variable speed circuit will last on these. The circuits on both my old dewalt 2.5 HP plunge router, and my old Hitachi 3HP router died recently. It costs as much as a new router to replace them, and the electronics are usually embedded in potting compound, so they canā€™t be repaired.

apparently your not supposed to run at full 27,000 RPMā€™s at continuous use. I have been doing 3D engravings into beech and each one takes about 3 hours to do and was doing 4 pieces a night for the last 5 days. Ill take a $10 part over paying $100 for a new DWP611. Note to anyone else-- donā€™t use your DWP611 at max RPMā€™s at continuous use.

1 Like

Full speed on the 611 can also overheat your bits and cause them to become dull much faster. There are very few reasons to ever set the 611 above 3 on the speed dial.

1 Like

These are the part department for DWP611. I purchased Spindle Lock Button recently.
Answer to your question is $40.77 for single speed, I couldnā€™t find variable speed yet.

http://servicenet.dewalt.com/

Yes, you can use the Super-PID when you want electronic control of the DW611. Itā€™s fairly expensive. If I ever decide I need finer speed control, Iā€™ll probably add a Super-PID since I already have the DW611, but if I were going to go all in to start with, it would be a toss up between it and an air cooled VFD spindle.

I would probably do the same (go w/ VFD) but I ldo ike the 611 because it has uses outside of the X-Carve. If I ever need a palm router where nothing else will do, itā€™s easy enough to unmount it from the CNC.

I ordered the SuperPID last week. Their customer support has been great so farā€¦answering questions quickly and concisely, returning simple ā€œthank youā€ messages that are probably unnecessary (but appreciated), etc. They seem like a lean organization who really cares about the product and the customers.

Plus, now I should be able to work with acrylic without melting it!

Hi BlairHarp
From V-Carve what intermediary software did you use to send the design to the x-carve?

Sorry I couldnā€™t help, question to BlairHarp but here is my answer.
I found Universal Gcode Sender (UGS) is the most problem free sender.
You have to put following two Post Processors to your Vcarve post processors folder.

X_Carve_inch.pp (3.9 KB) X_Carve_mm.pp (3.9 KB)

1 Like

Alanā€™s Response is exactly what I have been using for my files generated in V-Carve Pro. Universal G Code Sender works pretty well for me, I havenā€™t had any real issues with it related to carving.

Blair

1 Like

Sorry AlanDavis and BlairHarp do you mean that if I buy V-Carve Pro and Install the Universal G-Code Sender, I should be able to make designs using V-Carve and send them straight to the X-Carve with ought Easel?

Yes on me. Thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing from the beginning,