DeWalt DWP611 Spindle

You can download the free demo of VCarve Pro. It will only output G-Code for some specific free projects they have but at least you can give VCarve and UGS a try without investing in $ up front.

That’s right.

ok thanks guys for your patients with a beginner.

Yes, and the latest trial has the XCarve post-processor. I just tested it yesterday with UGS on my Mac and it works great, once you get through the crazy UGS stuff like installing JDK. Impressed, going to buy V=Carve desktop.

1 Like

I really don’t understand this thread? My x-carve has a section where it asks you if spindle (router) is on before you start carving. Doesn’t yours?

They are discussing how to use VCarve and UGS. Only Easel asks those questions.

1 Like

ok, splains that! :grinning:

I don’t understand why a, let’s say 3mm, spacer alu plate, exactly the same size and with the same mounting holes as the 611 mounting plate, won’t fix the problem with 611 getting to close to Z/X. The wheel bolts have to be lengthened the same amount as the spacer plate thickness. This solution should be solid.
Maybe just a wild guess :grinning:

1 Like

Have you found a solution for this problem of 0=5000 RPM? I just bought the XCarve and the SuperPID; it seems a no brainer to me that you need accurate spindle control.

1 Like

@ClaudeBarreto. I haven’t worked on it. Been too busy dialing my machine in and playing. @SungeunJeon is updating Grbl with new Spindle Rpm options, but I haven’t had a chance to play with it. There are two ways to do it that I can think of off the top of my head. If you use the Grbl option of having an arduino pin turn the spindle on and off, you can use that pin to drive the spindle on/off logic input on the SuperPID. Then it is a matter of using M3 (or M4, not sure) and M5 to turn the spindle on and off and set the speed using the PWM output of the arduino to drive the speed control on the SuperPID.

Another option is to use a separate arduino to read the PWM output, and then pass it along to the SuperPID. In this case, you would have to program the arduino to recognize that zero volts from the grbl shield means turn the spindle off, and have it control the on/off logic input on the SuperPID. Any PWM signal above zero from the grbl shield would mean that the second arduino would turn the spindle on, and then pass the pwm signal along to the SuperPID.

Option 2 is probably overly complicated, given that Option 1 will likely become easier with new versions of Grbl.

2 Likes

I have just installed the dewalt 611 router mount, but 2 of the 3 the screws, that should be screwed from the side to clamp the mount together, to hold the router, are just to short. Only the bottom one has a bit “grip”

Does anyone have the same problem? What may I do wrong?
What screws could I take instead of the provided ones?

I have had that problem. One of mine, lost grip. Or tore the threads. Or something. I had to go get longer screws. And lock nuts.

I had the same issue, just went and picked up longer ones

from Amazon a simple answer to turning on and off the Dewalt for us challenged assemblers.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B888VHM/ref=dra_a_rv_bb_hn_it_P3285_100?tag=dradisplay-20&ascsubtag=afcccd0170e491820fdaf5f513691fe5_S

1 Like

That’s really strange? I installed my DeWalt611 without and problems using the existing screws from X-Carve. Go figure?

It’s a lot less expensive to mount you a switched outlet if you are electrically proficient at all.

FYI for anyone still looking to get the DWP611. This weekend Home Depot has it for $25 dollars off. Sale ends on Monday.

I ordered mine off the web site a few days ago. Got the same deal – $25 off any Dewalt over $100. Worked out to $91, and free shipping. I had been debating it for a while. The deal got me off my butt. The 611 was delivered to my house today. Waiting on the mount and the Elaire collet, both ordered already.

STILL waiting for my Elaire collet. I ordered it a week ago and got a shipping notice this morning. Which means, it will be delivered to the office when no one is there. Sucks waiting for parts.

My Elaire collet should arrive today. Waiting on a back-ordered mount from Inventables now… tick tock tick tock… it’s excruciating!

1 Like