Dinosaur sign, first machine stress test

I made this sign for a little on named Mason, hence the “Masonasaurus Rex”. He loved that. Any way, this was probably the first real stress test on the machine. it may not look too complex, but because of the font, dino and toolpath method, this was a good 2.5 hour carve. i chose the font to look like scratch marks, each letter took about a minute as the machine had too carve all the little details to make it look rough. a quick coat of black paint and a run through the drum sander highlighted all the lettering. hope you like it! i made it in Aspire, so if anyone is interested ill post the file.

Sorry for the delay, here is the files:
Masonosaurus Rex Sign.crv3d (4.1 MB)

5 Likes

Looks great, nice job. I would love to see you post the file. Thanks

1 Like

Very nice looking sign! Well done.

1 Like

Looks pretty darn cool! As a suggestion, if you use a sanding sealer before spraying the paint next time, it’ll keep the paint from bleeding into the wood out the side of the letters like that. Took me a couple shots to figure that one out myself!

1 Like

thanks for the tip, when it comes to woodworking finish is like rocket science (to me). will definitely try. and later on today ill post the aspire file, im not sure if it will work in v-carve but ill try to get that format also if i can.

1 Like