Dust collection ground and a power strip

New x-carve owner, and I’m finally up and running. I’m trying to decide where to ground the dust collector hose to. My current setup is X-Controller → relay always on port → heavy duty metal power strip. Am I safe to ground it to a screw on the power strip?

you could probably do that, I’d check it with a meter first to ensure the strip is actually grounded. grounding to the outlet itself would be a better solution. The Screw on the faceplate of the outlet should be a perfect grounding location, securing the wire well and being a solid connection to the AC grounding wire.

1 Like

It is absolutely critical that the ground be the SAME ground that the x-controller is plugged into or you can get a ground loop that causes things to go wonky (ask me how I know? :slightly_frowning_face:

I also used multiple points of attaching into the steel spring in the hose to make sure to really get the static as the conductive plastic wasn’t as good a conductor as I thought. I actually ran copper tape all the way through to the shop vac across joints etc, and my controller became way more reliable.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.