Dust Collection

My though is to adjust it to clear for each job.

1 Like

Looks coolio! The base of your tube might have better suction if the opening is closer to parallel to the work surface, say 30-45 degrees.

Yeah, I can’t really model that with the apps I have, so, I planned on a fine adjustment with the disk/belt sander. :smile:

take note the 3/4" is black, the listing on Amazon states 3/4" but look in the table it say it is 1/2"

Ordered mine from aquarium supply saved me about $20 over amazon for the same stuff/

Looks great but what do you do when cutting deep pockets?

Its fully adjustable for up to 2 ". The left side slides up and down (a tube within a tube) and that adjusts the whole thing, Also the loc line on the right is adjustable by hand.

I have good result on Shapeoko 2 fixed dust collection that I designed. The vacumm is attached to the x gantry than z so it doesnt move and has fix height that can be adjusted on different sheet thickness. I have zero dust escape even setting to the lowest vacuum settings.

Now that I upgraded to X Carve, I need the same fix dust shoe collection since most of my jobs are just cutting G10 and Carbon Fiber frames for multirotors.

Here’s how my Shapeoko 2 works.

And here’s my new design for X Carve. This one is adjustable up to 1 1/4 inch thickness materials.

6 Likes

Love it! Are you going to share? :wink:

I will later once I iron out some issues. So far this is my 2nd version. 1st one is almost perfect and its using tube to attached on the shoe but found that tube has some weight strees and doesnt flex like hose. So I re-designed to removed the tube and just add some connector directly to the hose for more flexible.

And actually need to test it, I haven’t even completed my xcarve assembly, still waiting for steppers wires replacement from inventables. :smiley: