Dust Collector project

I purchased the Fein Turbo 1 for the X-carve. Wow what a difference than the old screamer shop vac! You can actually have a normal conversation with it running.

Then this happened! The wife is happy since the shop is in the basement should help control the dust. Found a good design for blast gates so I will be making my own. Assembly starts Monday.

IMG_5375

2 Likes

yeah, yeah, yeah,
I want to see more pictures of the truckā€¦:sunglasses:

4 Likes

I had to read it again, I didnā€™t even notice the box. :wink:

1 Like

I am with Jan more pics please. Did you get a good deal on the vac and where did you pick it up. I am due to upgrade pretty soon. AND LETS SEE THE TRUCK!!!

1 Like

Iā€™ve bookmarked this thread. Will be doing the same type of dust collector install myself soon. Also interested in how you make your blast gates. Took me longer than normal to read this thread because I couldnā€™t stop staring at the truck! More pics and info on that would be greatā€¦

1 Like

I am modeling my blast gates off of a design from a you tube channel ā€œGeeks Wood Shopā€ ā€œDust Collection Blast Gatesā€ After I test run the 4" and 6" files I have created I will share the file. That will be later next week.

Thanks for the compliments on the truck for those that asked see below. Steve

1950 Chevy AD
It s a driver I drive and use it all the time, I refuse to own a vehicle and not drive it. No trailer queens here. Paint job we figure is 35+ years old at a minimum. I havenā€™t done anything to the body. BUT I have replaced every system on it. The only thing modern is 12 volt and front disk brakes. It is a 235 out of a 1954 car pushes around 230hp, rear end was re-geared with 355 gears. This allows me to run 65-70 at 2800rpm. Before the gear change same rpm would put me at 45mph. I sent the axel to Nastalgic Sids and had it stretched 4" to lower it. I had Troy at Old In Line Power in NC build the motor, bored milled, crank and cam, sounds and runs awesome. Still has the three on the tree. I love the nostalgic feel of it. It has zero creature comforts to it. I used to drive it between Greensboro and Myrtle Beach. Now the farthest it goes is Cincy to Dayton. This winter going to work on the cab, will be painting the inside white and from the window line up on the cab exterior will be white as well and I am adding a Fulton Sun Visor. I likely wont do much more to it as if I get it to nice I will be tempted not to drive it and then that will be no fun at all. It stands tall exactly how it sits and is a blast to drive. I cant seem to figure out how to share it in the forum.

IMG_0019
IMG_0097
IMG_0012
IMG_0099
IMG_0013

IMG_0020

8 Likes

THAT my friend is a beautiful truckā€¦:+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Very nice Steve i am an old truck fan from the start and you have done well. You did it right why have something you can only drive on Sunday when the sun is shining. I love the truck.:v:

1 Like

Can you share the project? Iā€™d like to make one of those on my CNC. :wink:

Yes I am cutting one today after I confirm it is accurate I will share it.

1 Like

I was really referring to your ā€˜truckā€™ project. :wink:

1 Like

Blast gate file and pictures.

IMG_5411
IMG_5411

1 Like

Thanks Steve are those the 4" or 6"? Never mind i see they are the 4".

if you look under the notes tab you will find this

1/2" MDF
3/8ā€™ Dowel 2 @ 1"
3/8" Dowel 1 @ 4"
1/4" - 20 x 5/16" Pronged T-Nut
1/4" x 2ā€™ Bolt
1/4" Washer
4" Sewer and Drain Coupling. 2 rings cut from it at 1-1/2"
1/4" drill Bit
19/64" drill bit for T-nut
3/8" drill bit

2 Likes

Thanks StevešŸ‘

1 Like

@SteveMoloney. This is great. I was literally designing gates very similar to this one. You did the work for me. Thanks!!

1 Like

I guess i have never seen the noted tab where is it at?

Awesome, Thanks for Sharing!!!

1 Like

see pics, its in teh drop down under work pieces

2 Likes

Still not finding it.