DXF File Import Question

thank you. but vcarve trial will not let me export the file in svg.

What software are you using? Can you cut with the trial?

right now i have fusion 360 and vcarve pro 8.0. i will have to move the items closer so i can get them all on one sheet of stock

1 Like

i can not see any indication that i can cut either

vcarve pro trial or full?

trial not going to spend money on a program i have no clue how to operate

Iā€™ve never used fusion 360 to generate toolpaths, so I canā€™t help there. I also donā€™t know the limitation of the trial version. Can you generate toolpaths?

yes i can generate toolpaths. can vcarve do gcode?

Yes it canā€¦that is what I use. I suggest you go through some of the tutorials. They will help a lot.

trial version dont have the post processor. no gcode

will not allow me to save the toolpath

You can save tool paths for a few of the demo projects like the paradise box.

cannot seem to figure out how to get my tool paths inside the work area. i have moved my object all over my autocad fusion workspace, but to no avail. the tool paths are still out side.

Hereā€™s an easel file with your original shapes on it.

http://easel.inventables.com/projects/ajk_hbLR6rPLVctwOR5ruw#

I had to open the .dxf file in Illustrator and join all the line segments together to make shapes out of them, but once I did that it seemed to work just fine.

Hereā€™s the .svg file as well:

When I imported this into Easel it worked just fine for me.

I donā€™t know what youā€™re going to need to do in your CAD program to get it to create closed paths instead of line segments, but that seems to be critical to getting Easel to like it.

You can get the ā€œ.ppā€ post processor files from the Inventables web site which then allow you to save VCarve Pro toolpaths in gcode.

Peter

Ok. In AutoCAD before you save your work and or drawing. Turn the whole thing into a polyline.
Do this in AutoCAD before exporting it. This will make it a single path.