Easel app suggestions

I’ve tried, with similar problems of scaling and lines not transferred properly… but I’m looking for going straight from Autocad to easel. I think it make sense to use a precision machine like XCarve is compatible with the use a precision software like any cad program. I will try with Inkscape
Longitudinal 4 popa (FROM INKSCAPE)

Hi Ezequiel, thanks again for your helpful feedback. You are absolutely right, it makes sens that a precision machine can import straight from a CAD program. I myself am using Solidworks and when I opened your dxf, I’ve noticed you used layers. This is where the conversion to SVG got confused. The layers make it so that one over-lapses the other one. If you flatten these before you export as a DXF, it works just fine. Here’s my version:

Longitudinal 4 popa-single-layer.DXF (42.1 KB)

Concerning the scaling, I will get back to you, I’m still figuring out what goes wrong there. Happy carving!

It’s already been said, but just putting in my 2 cents.

The scaling, I imported a tab 3d puzzle, into easel, and it shrunk down to a few inches in size, when realistically it should cut out of several 30x30 sheets of plywood.

(edit) ( I previously stated that I couldn’t switch between cut types, i.e. inside cut, outside cut, on path, fill. I found out that that was because I was selecting multiple Items, and if I select them one at a time, it lets me change cut types)

Hello everyone, I looking into buying a new Xcarve and wondering do I have to but Easel is I’m going to purchase Aspire? Do they work together? I don’t want to pay for something I don’t need. Thanks, Robert

Easel is very basic compared to aspire. Easel will act as the sender of the g code from aspire.