- Commenting improvements
- Updated limits for drawer-box material thickness
- Include cabinet names in cut list print-outs and interface
- Increase limits for positions of pulls/knobs
- Highlight the selected cabinet in the left-panel cabinet list
- Users can specify drawer width
- Construction option for nail-on/overlay back panels
- Face frame manufacturing QA testing
- Easel Cabinetmaker homepage redesign
- Manufacturing logic for dimensional lumber
- Bit selection for CNC cut lists
- Users can toggle tabs on/off for CNC cut lists
- Include additonal cut depth to through-cut panels
- Users can specify which hardware-mounting holes to include in cut list panels
- Give all users access to Jobs
- Users can assign a contact/client to jobs
- Users can specify which cabinets to include in cut list generation
- Navigation to Easel from Easel Cabinetmaker
- Users can share feedback in Easel Cabinetmaker
- Users can download g-code for all sheets in a cut list at once
- Users can specify the material type and thickness for drawer bottoms
- Users can adjust vertical positioning for wall cabinets
- Increase limits for top-drawer height
- Users can override project-level top-drawer height for individual cabinets
- Users can share feedback directly in Easel Cabinetmaker
- Face frames in Easel Cabinetmaker
- Improved workpiece and cut list generation
- Add all users to the cut list manufacturing workflow
- Easel Cabinetmaker usability testing (ongoing)
- Interested in participating in a usability test? Sign up here !
Thanks for reading! Please reach out in this thread if you have questions, comments, or feedback related to this update.
@NatalieSturdy Any update on timing for converting users of the older manufacturing flow to the newer one?
I finished my lower cabinets, but I was hoping to switch to the new UI before starting in on my upper cabinets.
Also, the interface is broken for me—I can no longer see cabinets in the 3D view for this project as well as this one that was cloned from. Sometimes when I try to view a single cabinet, that works, but I can never see the whole set.
I’m running the latest FireFox on the latest macOS. It’s been this way for a while, but I was hoping switching to the updated manufacturing flow would fix that.
@PhilDejarnett the rendering problems with the above projects should be fixed. I recommend double checking your settings for “back offset” and “back stretchers” on the project. I noticed a few cabinets with back stretchers enabled but a 0" back offset.
Sorry about the inconvenience.
Thanks! Good to see the pieces again
I ended up moving the wall cabinets to another project, mostly because I’ve now completed the base cabinets.
If you are referring to the base cabinets, I noticed the issue when cutting them out. I think the design software should automatically force the back offset if back stretchers are enabled. Maybe it does now, but this is a rather old project.
Luckily two things made it not matter: 1) these were all-drawer cabinets, so the back isn’t visible, and 2) I cut the back material out myself on the saw, so I changed the layout to work for me with what I had.
I’m also having trouble where the nailer on the back of wall cabinets is being cut out of 1/4" material, instead of 3/4" material. I haven’t revisited this since last week, since I was waiting for the project change-over before generating any more manufacturing layouts.
My fix makes sure that the offset always has enough space for nailers
This was another bug I noticed while looking at your project. I fixed it as well so that nailers use the box material thickness, not the back material thickness.
This is great to hear! I’m looking forward to trying out the wall cabinets once I wrap up my base cabinet project.
A bit confused here. I’m currently working with the beta and just watched a video that was posted 6 months ago which includes a ton of features not yet available (I think?) also wondering if this beta currently supports double sided operations? I see that there is an option for including the holes for the hinges and adjustable shelving but when generating a a cnc cut list It doesn’t seem to account for those holes. Is this a feature that has yet to be implemented or am I missing something?