Easel crashes generating toolpaths

Hello all. I am having some issues with Easel when generating toolpaths. Easel begins to generate the paths and just sits at like 10%, then eventually times out. Obviously, my computer/browser can’t handle the job.

I am fairly new to all of this. Let’s get that out of the way. And I understand that this is definitely what you would consider a complex cut. I am looking for some advice on how I can tone this cut down without losing too much detail. I used inkscape to generate the SVG. I do understand that some detail will likely be lost. If there are any suggestions, anything from bit selection to deleting layers etc., I am all ears.

In all honesty, I would not even attempt something this complex without learning the proper steps myself but a friend of mine passed away and I am trying to do this cut for the service this upcoming weekend. That is why I am reaching out for help. If anyone is willing to take the time to help me through this I would be eternally grateful.

Easel - Copy of Untitled (inventables.com)

This, based on what I see, is most likely being caused by your computer running out of memory to support the toolpath generation. I scaled the design down to 1"x1.5" and it took well over an hour to simulate both toolpaths. While watching it work, the browser utilized up to about 3 GB of ram and averaged over 1 GB constantly to perform the tasks. This scaled-down design did finish, but I do not know the exact time as I walked away from it. The larger design would utilize even more memory to complete the task.

That is my assumption of what is happening on your computer as well; you are just running out of resources, and the browser is crashing.

Here is the small design tool pathing completed. As you can see, the detail pass has A LOT of stuff to accomplish since this design is very complicated with respect to depth changes.

{:0)

Brandon Parker

2 Likes

Brandon. Thank you so much. Sorry for the delayed response it has been a busy couple weeks. I was actually able to make a smaller form than I originally intended but the result was perfect. I appreciate you taking the time to look at this for me. I am so grateful.

Not a problem at all! I am glad you got something to work for you.

{:0)

Brandon Parker