Easel Driver 0.4.1 released

Hello,

We have released a new version of the Easel Driver, v0.4.1. Driver is available immediately to be downloaded for Windows, macOS and Ubuntu Linux at https://easel.inventables.com/downloads . You will be prompted to upgrade next time you carve.

Release notes:

• Security certificate updates for 2024
2 Likes

The driver download is being blocked by Norton 360. Norton states the driver has a virus and wipes it out! What do I do?

You would be able to block Norton 360 from removing the downloaded file. You should be able to do this “per file” to be safe.

Here is something that might also be useful.

{:0)

Brandon R. Parker

Is there anywhere that we can find out what the updated version will do for us, and may we hold off installing it until we are sure it is stable?
Any chance this release will end the rounding errors for metric users???

This is a driver update. The Driver allows your PC to communicate with the CNC over it’s usb connection. Driver updates do not include changes to the functionality of Easel. They are typically implemented as a result of changes to Operating System requirements such as Windows or Mac pushing new Security protocols that the prior driver did not include.

What is meant by this? I use metric and have not encountered such rounding errors.

mine wont go green now that i downloaded it. so im stuck

You may need to perform a New Machine Setup after installing driver updates.

I just downloaded the new driver, but didn’t installed it yet because the system requirements seemed to have changed till the prior version. My machine in running MacOS 10.13 High Sierra - what was OK with Easel driver 0.4.0 - but the system requirements for version 0.4.1 says that OS 10.15 Catalina is required. Is that right? What about the 0.4.0 version? It works for me without a flaw - will it really be disabled some time in the future? (I don’t have another computer and the one I have can’t be upgraded to Catalina.)

Hello @MaxB,
The 0.4.1 driver was just a security update, and the list of requirements have not changed from the previous version.

We are recommending our users to be on a macOS version that is supported by Apple. While we can’t guarantee Easel Driver work on older, not supported versions, of macOS, the new driver should work on these older systems.

We will have to deprecate the 0.4.0 version of the driver eventually and are asking to update to newer version of the driver as they become available.

Hi KacperMarcisz, thanks for your fast reply. I just have installed version 0.4.1 on my MacOS High Sierra system and - indeed - all seems to work fine! :blush:
Thanks a lot for your help!

1 Like