Inventables Community Forum

Easel for Linux

I have installed the latest Easel driver for Linux (0.3.18) but can’t seem to get it working. I’m using Ubuntu 18.04.4.

After trying to troubleshoot online, I’ve tried the following:
-adding my username to dialout group
-used Gdebi to install (Package installer shows Status: Same version is already installed)
-tried Firefox instead of Chrome

I can’t get my Carve button to turn green. It remains blue and when I click on it it asks me to download the driver for Linux.

I purchased a new Chromebook after seeing in these forums that others were able to get Chromebooks working after installing Linux but I can’t seem to get past the Blue Carve button! I tried email support but was unable to get support because it’s a Chromebook.

Is there anyone out there that might be familiar with running Easel via Linux Ubuntu 18.04 that might be able to help me out?

I’m a newbie when it comes to Linux but I’ve been able to get the terminal commands figured out so far. I can try to provide any additional information that might help shed some light on what’s going on!

I’d love to get my XCarve up and running on this computer that I purchased specifically for carving.

Thanks so much!

Have you tried GitHub - samyk/easel-driver: Easel driver for Linux (and Mac/Windows) + remote access to CNC controller?