Easel Jacked up

1" Board. import image trace. Threshold up good solid lines.smoothing up looks good.1/23 bit 0.1 depth… depth per pass is set at 0.1.won’t pick up lines used to all day long. change it to 0.7depth. set 0.7 depth per pass picks up lines. my question is the line should be clear at 0.1 as it is at 0.7 it used to be that way cutting clock faces and never had problems like this.

http://easel.inventables.com/projects/xOf5w3_aGvNEVqiJewpYlA

Your depth per pass is way to much. with that setting you are cutting deeper than the diameter of the 1/16 bit. Rule of thumb is no more than half the diameter of the bit. Depth of cut for the 1/32 bit should be no more than .015.

Well some days are diamond and others are stones some days we can’t count and some days we forget to delete posts we put in the wrong sections. My apologies.Admin. :smile: Thanks, PatrickAScohy I jacked it up 1" Board. import image trace. Threshold up good solid lines.smoothing up looks good.1/16 bit 0.07 depth… depth per pass is set at 0.07.and if you hide the material it comes out fine. And Phil AKA Sensei i will not make the same mistake twice.

1 Like