Easel must have features

Hi Inventables Team,

I got my Carvey 2 weeks ago and I am SUPER happy with it.
Here are some pictures of stuff that I have done so far.

I have a couple of suggestions for easel.
It would be nice if:

You could see the estimated time of a path, not only the percentage.

Whenever there is a tab the bit moves on the Z completely out of the material to jump the tab. For example if I have a 1 inch height material and the tab is 0.125 inch height , when the bit gets to the tab instead of going up only 0.125 it goes up all the way up 1 inch and the goes down again to continue. This is a huge waste of time.

Other than that is great. Hopefully you have planned to add more complex tools .

V Carving would be AMAZING!

Thanks
Diego

@BartDring
@NAM37
@MichaelSchafer
@Zach_Kaplan

2 Likes

Hi @DiegoMonzon

Thanks for the feedback. It’s great to hear you are having success with Carvey. I’ll answer your feedback in line below:

You could see the estimated time of a path, not only the percentage.

We are working on this but it was a bit more complex than originally expected. Stay tuned.

Whenever there is a tab the bit moves on the Z completely out of the material to jump the tab. For example if I have a 1 inch height material and the tab is 0.125 inch height , when the bit gets to the tab instead of going up only 0.125 it goes up all the way up 1 inch and the goes down again to continue. This is a huge waste of time.

It’s going to the safety height. I’ll send it into the engineering team for review. I think there might be a scenario where you could accidentally hit the clamps.

Other than that is great. Hopefully you have planned to add more complex tools.
Log back in today and explore for some surprises…

Way back last year, tabs were just an on/off feature. At that time, the bit could just raise over the tab and keep cutting without coming all the way to safety height.

The devs were working hard and fast on allowing us to specify where and how many tabs to use, because the routine that determined their automatic placement often put the tabs in awkward places on a shape and made it very difficult to remove them. The choice was given to us users: Either get the feature out faster, but it would work the way it does now (where the bit comes out to safety height over each tab) or wait and fix the issue which could take an indeterminate amount of time. We all chose to have the feature sooner than later.

1 Like

I didn’t know all the story, thanks.
I think the developers and designers at inventables have done an amazing job.